We're Planning Our Retirement -
First We Need to Find the Next Owner(s)!
We've made the decision to retire after we have found the right owner(s) for our nature shop.
We want all of our wonderful and faithful customers and friends to know these four things:
- We aren't going out of business; however, we would like the sale completed by December 31, 2019.
- We will be here for you and continue to operate our shop until we find the right buyer.
- We are going to find the best buyer who will love you and the birds and the business as we have over the past 16 years.
- Only after that will we retire, even if it takes a little while!
We have enjoyed owning this store and getting the chance to meet all of you while sharing our love of the birds. But we all reach new phases in our lives and we want to get the wheels turning to start our retirement years. We hope to travel some, but we also just want more time to continue to enjoy the animals who live in our home, and the birds and other critters who visit us.
How You Can Help
If you are interested, please let us know. You also can help by sharing this news and telling friends, family, or acquaintances who might be looking to own their own business, and who would love sharing a passion for the birds. Our store is an established, successful business that has a great staff and vendors in place, a brand with an excellent track record, a supportive franchise, and a loyal customer base. This is a 'turn-key' operation for new owners.
If you are, or know someone who is, committed to:
- Turning a hobby into a business and establishing new energy to bring the store to its next level;
- Feeling pride in running a local business that is engaged in the community and employs local people;
- Gaining satisfaction from providing creative and educational opportunities for faithful customers;
- Experiencing joy from bringing people and nature together;
- Working for themselves with flexible hours and have fun at the same time.
Please use or share this information! We look forward to being contacted by interested parties via our store email address: [email protected]
Thank you again for all your support and participation in such a wonderful hobby. Happy Birding!
Mike & Pam,
Owners, Wild Birds Unlimited of Durham, NC